Corporate Social Responsibility
The Rhopoint Group of companies is committed to creating business growth whilst ensuring that impact on the environment is minimised and that all activities are conducted safely by well-trained and qualified employees. The Group respects local laws and customs while supporting international laws and regulations.
The following summarises the Rhopoint Group’s policies and procedures in areas of corporate social responsibility: Environment, Health & Safety, People, Community and Business Ethics.
Rhopoint Metrology is accredited with ISO 14001:2004, we are working towards implementing a suitable Environmental Management System (EMS) throughout the rest of the company.
We support a precautionary approach to environmental management, which strives to anticipate and prevent potential environmental degradation. We are committed to complying with local, national, and international environmental regulations applicable to our operations and business services and will work towards integrating environmental considerations into our operations, asset management, and other business decisions, in all markets.
We recognize that identifying and quantifying environmental risks should be part of the normal process of risk assessment and management.
With regard to our customers, we regard compliance with applicable environmental regulations and the use of sound environmental practices as important factors in demonstrating effective corporate management.
We will endeavor to pursue the best practice in environmental management, including energy efficiency, recycling and waste reduction. We will seek to form business relations with partners, suppliers, and subcontractors who follow similarly high environmental standards.
We intend to review and update our practices periodically to incorporate relevant developments in environmental management.
We recognize the need to conduct internal environmental reviews on a periodic basis, and to measure our activities against our environmental goals.
We are committed to minimising the environmental impact of our operations by addressing the areas of energy use, business travel and waste management. We recognise our impact on the environment comes from:
- Electricity to heat, cool and power manufacturing plant and office equipment.
- Gas for heating.
- Travel by air, road and rail to visit suppliers, clients and conduct internal meetings.
- Water in offices used for a variety of purposes.
- Resources such as paper.
- Waste including paper, plastic and electronic components and I.T. equipment.
Our objectives are to:
- Avoid unnecessary business related travel by the use of video conferencing and telephone communication where possible. If business travel is necessary we will use the most environmentally friendly mode of transport, consistent with business needs.
- Reduce overall the resources we use.
- Aim for a paper-free office culture.
- Reducing use of paper letters and internal reports, where alternative electronic mechanisms can be used.
- Consider environmental criteria when choosing services and goods.
- Fundamentally, we will reduce our impact on the environment and ask that our staff, suppliers and clients do likewise.
What we do:
- Encourage staff to manage property, plant and equipment in an energy efficient way.
- Provide recycling facilities for paper, printer toners etc.
- Encourage double sided printing and copying.
- Use appropriately licensed organisations to remove and where possible recycle IT and electronic equipment in accordance with WEEE regulations.
- Encourage car sharing for commuting purposes.
- Make available a “Ride to Work”cycling scheme.
- Provide teleconferencing facilities at each location.
2.0 Health and Safety.
Rhopoint recognises its health and safety duties and responsibilities and complies with the relevant health and safety legislation. The Managing Director/General Manager for each Rhopoint company has overall responsibility for Health & Safety and is supported by the Group Health and Safety Manager to ensure effective implementation of policies and procedures. Rhopoint’s health and safety policies are focused on information, instruction and training covering:
- Accidents, First Aid and work related issues.
- Safe Handing, use and disposal of hazardous substances and PPE.
- Emergency procedures.
- Each Rhopoint company provides a Health and Safety Manual which is available to members of staff.
We recognise that our employees are our key asset. We are committed to attracting the most creative and highly qualified professionals we then make every effort to create a working culture and environment that inspires our employees to stay with us for the long term.
Rhopoint’s policies and procedures, including those relating to social, environmental, health and safety, employment and ethical matters, are communicated to all staff via Rhopoint’s Employee Handbooks.
3.1 Employees and Equal Opportunities.
It is Rhopoint’s policy to adhere to all legislation relating to employment rights and equal opportunities. It is our firm intent that all employees should have an equal level of advancement, access to opportunity and the training necessary to that end, irrespective of the employee’s sex, race, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
3.2 Employees and Training & Development.
Training, development, and awareness of our personnel are major factors in understanding and maintaining our overall corporate goals and business management systems. One of our objectives is to develop and retain a highly skilled, collaborative and agile workforce, capable of creative thinking and exceptional performance.
Rhopoint recognises the value that its employees create for the business and its commitment to training and personal development; together with remuneration policies which are designed to reward achievement and emphasie the importance of retaining staff. Our AIR (Annual Individual Review) programme actively encourages and identifies the training needs of staff. Rhopoint also operates an Apprentice scheme in conjunction with SIGTA Training Services.
Rhopoint supports local charities in the communities where our businesses are based and participates in a range of community activities.
We do not donate (including sponsorship, subscriptions or provision of employee time or facilities) to any political party or similar organization.
5.0 Business Ethics.
We work with our customers and suppliers to establish sound and sustainable trading practices, and take steps to ensure our business partners adhere to the same principles as we do.
In our purchasing activities we pay attention to social impacts and human rights, environmental impacts, anti-bribery and corruption.
We expect our customers and suppliers to conduct their relationship with us on a fair and ethical basis. We do not give or receive any bribes, extra contractual gratuities, inducements, facilitation fees or similar payments.
We ensure we purchase legal licences for all software in use.