Job Title: QA / H&S / Environmental Lead.
To help develop and ensure compliance to ISO 9001, health & safety and environmental requirements, throughout Rhopoint Instruments facility. Develop and monitor LEAN manufacturing processes.
Ensure Quality System procedures, policies and processes are maintained and developed in conjunction with the Group QA and H&S Manager.
- Customer complaints investigation and progression to final closure.
- Completion of Customer quality questionnaires.
- Collating, updating and reporting on company key performance analysis – on time deliveries, customer complaints, supplier performance, product calibration/repair turnaround times etc.
- Support of operational product manufacturing processes in a quality assurance capacity.
- Performing internal/external audits to ensure compliance to company QMS.
- Visiting suppliers, building relationships and developing LEAN supplier strategies.
Ensuring quality standard requirements are fully adhered to and maintained and performing regular internal audits to ensure compliance:
- ISO 9001 quality standard
- ISO 14001 environmental standard
- ISO 17025 testing and calibration laboratory standard (UKAS)
Assist with the development of LEAN manufacturing processes.
Health & Safety:
Working in conjunction with Group QA and H&S Manager to
- Review, progress and update H&S documentation – policies, manuals, risk assessments, COSHH etc to ensure they meet current requirements.
- Carry out and complete Risk/COSHH assessments to legislative and company requirements.
- Review and complete Health and Safety training assessments to ensuring company training requirements are adhered to.
To maintain compliance with the following regulations:
- RoHS (restriction of hazardous substances)
- REACH (registration, evaluation, authorisation & restriction of chemicals)
- WEEE (waste, electrical & electronic equipment)
- Dodd Frank Conflict Minerals.
- COSHH (control of substances hazardous to health)
- A driven self-starter who can promote and continually improve Quality, Lean manufacturing, 5S disciplines, H&S and environmental requirements throughout the business on an ongoing basis.
- A team player who can interact, liaise and support all departments and personnel as deemed necessary to facilitate the above requirements.
- A quality engineer looking to build on current success in a manufacturing environment or a quality manager looking for a new challenge in a dynamic growing company.
- Experience in a technical role within an electronics, optical or calibration environment an advantage.
- Able to travel occasionally including overnight stays to other sites within the Rhopoint Group.
Rhopoint Instruments Ltd, St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex